Sunday, September 6, 2009

I love my lazy sundays...

I love lazy sundays and that's exactly what I had today. I went to sleep at 1:30am and slept until 11:20 in the morning! For those of you who know me, both of those are completely out of character for me. I hadn't slept so well since I've been here! It was great. When we finally left the house at about 1pm my roommate Shelly and I tried to find the gym nearby to get a membership but everytime we go, it's closed. It's the strangest thing. we're going to get an italian speaking person to help us decipher the voicemail. we just want to go to a gym! Tomorrow we're going to run on the Arno again because the weather has gotten so nice. It's definitely getting much cooler which is nice, but I love the heat and sun so I don't know how i'll feel about the weather in a month...
This afternoon we got a late lunch at a restaurant we found last week. The waiter was basically an Italian Vince Vaughn and quite the character. He constantly told us he loved us and after making fun of my 'intermediate' italian he decided to give us a discount on our two pizzas, a pasta and three glasses of wine (a total of 25 euros). It was a very enjoyable, relaxing meal. We did some planning for travel (since last night, three bottles of vino rosso did not facilitate that) and we've more or less figured out where we want to go this september.
After lunch we went to the Boboli gardens (free entry, no line...best thing ever) and 'did work'. The gardens were beautiful! Cosimo I built them for his ailing wife and that is quite the present. We only saw about 1/3rd of the actual gardens which means I'll obviously have to go back.
The rest of the day was pretty chill. I grabbed some more frozen veggies at the grocery for dinner, and got locked out so I sat across the street with a glass of red waiting for my roommates to get back. For the rest of the night I've just been doing some Italian and talking to various friends. Tomorrow is class! 1:30 Italian...I have such an incredible schedule. I love Firenze.

No comments:

Post a Comment