Monday, September 7, 2009

correre in Firenze

Today was a fairly uneventful day. I woke up after a blissful night of sleep, skyped with my mom about another update on travel plans, grabbed a delicious mezza panino (half sandwich) across the street and then too the bus up to class! After Italian class I went to the library to get some work done. The one book I wasn't able to buy at the book store is the one book I need right now. I have about 80 pages to read by Wednesday and, since they don't let you check books out of the library, I'm hoping I'll find the time to read it all by Wednesday...hmmmm. I ordered the book and hopefully it will be in next week before my next Wednesday class. I walked from the campus by my apartment and decided it was about time to try out a solo run. I prefer to run with people in cities that I'm not comfortable with, mostly because if I get lost/get hit/hit someone I have a friend to help me deal with the problem. But today was the day for me to try it out myself. So I left and ran for about 45 minutes. It was beautiful (of course) and I only almost got hit twice! Not bad for the crazy driving of Italy. Running in Italy is fascinating. Almost no one runs outside (I'm pretty sure Italians are a superior race...all that pasta and no exercise). While I ran today I saw four other people running the entire time. It's kind of cool though because you really feel like you're part of this exclusive club. Everyone stares at you like you're crazy for running (? not sure why it's so strange), but the few times you past by another runner it's like you have this special connection. I like it. The people walking on the streets are horrible though. Nothing makes me more made than when I'm running towards someone and they don't move an inch. My momentum makes it ten times harder to stop than theirs. But, all in all the run was great! Felt so good to run. After I ran Shelly and I finally went over to the gym when it was open! So we got our membership and we can go whenever we want for the semster. It's less than a 10 min walk from our apartment so it's perfect. We're going to try and go tomorrow morning after a short run. It's still so nice out for running.
Now is dinner time! Ho molto fame (I'm very hungry) and we found a restaurant around the corner to check out....A domani!

No comments:

Post a Comment