Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bringing out the Artist in Me...


This intro to painting class is going to be an awesome experience. I love art and I wish I were good, but I'm pretty sure I'm not...However, having a roommate who's good at drawing and taking a course in painting will hopefully improve any potential talent or mere ability that I have lying deep inside. The course seems very relaxed and our only homework is to sketch or paint as much as we can. So far, I have 'sketched' a lamp, an orange, a bobby pin and a still life that Nami set up for me. I tried the still life today (a bottle of wine, a mug and a peach) and Nami taught me how to do shadding. It was so much fun! I felt like a true artist. I even had pencil all over my hand when I was done. I'm going to keep practicing...Here's my first sketch that I'm not too terrified to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment