Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wandering the Streets

Today was a great day. We had to go up to school to do some more orientation stuff but we decided to leave a bit early because we wanted to explore. I've decided that it's too hard to do things that I need to do right now. I have yet to buy groceries, trash bags, books, basically everything that I need. I've been exploring and doing all the things that I want. I know I'm going to be here for almost 4 months but I can't help but embrace it all as soon as I can. We did so much exploring and walking. We found the cutest streets, with quaint cafes, gelaterias and ristorantes. We ended up wandering into the Palazzo Signorina where David and the Palazzo Vecchio are. It was beautiful. I'll never get tired of wandering.

For dinner we went to this place, which is aparently really popular, called Aqua del Due. It was great! Maybe a bit expensive but we had such a good time. Then we wandered back to the Lion's Fountain across the street and stayed there for a bit. It's such a small world...I ran into two people from Colgate in different programs that were at the pub. It was so nice to see familiar faces! There are so many students here and it's nice to know that we can all co-mingle.

Tomorrow we have to be up at the campus at 9am for immigrationi and then we decided to work on getting groceries and all the necessities. We need to start living in a real apartment. I'm going to continue to update my photo album, so keep referring back to the link I posted. As many of you know, I love to take photos, and I have an amazing camera to do so...bedtime for sophie...I've been staying up far too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment